Monday, November 3, 2014

Tutti Frutti Nails


I've been taking advantage lately of the phenomenal fall weather we've been getting to do a bit of photography outside in our yard. Photos just look so much better outside under the sunshine. So, everytime I do my nails I just run right outside with my giant camera and a few props to have like a 20 minute photoshoot. My dad thinks it's very very strange and gives me this look.

Anyways, I loooooved how cute this manicure turned out. I had been wearing dark and boring manicures for a few weeks now so this was a very refreshing change. I also really missed using my cute little Fimo fruit slices! Aren't they adorable? I only used citrus fruits this time but I will definitely plan a manicure to use the watermelons and also the strawberries.

This manicure gave me a little bit of much needed practice with free-handing a french tip with nail art striping brushes. It turns out I need a lot more practice.

To achieve this look, I started out with a french tip of one color, then when it dried I layered another tip under it, almost making stripes of different french tips. A good coat of top coat and then with tweezers, I placed the fruit slices and put more top coat!


The colors are so bright and fun, and they definitely catch people's eye. At work, at school, and at the car dealership where I was fixing my car, people I was having a conversation with complimented my nails and how cute the fruits were. :) I bought the fruits at the Born Pretty Store on this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment